With over three decades of experience, Fergus has built a solid reputation as a presenter and entertainer.
- Conference presenter
- Feature entertainer for major client functions
- Master of ceremonies and comedian for staff events
- Unique tailored characters for product launches and trade exhibitions
"Having Fergus on any team has always been a pleasure, in that he works hard with a dedication to excellent results. Many times his comedy roles have received glowing reviews from clients and other colleagues alike…”
GREG NORRIS, DIRECTOR ONE NINE FIVE (FORMERLY DIRECTOR, CLUEDUP EVENTS)
Festivals and Events
Since 1984 Fergus Aitken has performed at virtually every type of festival and many other types of events from weddings to comedy showcases, flower shows to dance parties, in fifteen countries around the world.
- MC for festivals, rock concerts, circus cabaret shows, weddings, special events.
- Stage and street shows for international art festivals.
- Unique, tailored characters for parades, film launches, award ceremonies, etc.
- Customised shows and characters - for both family-friendly and R18 events.
- Twice received standing ovations at a nudist festival... True story!
"Fergus has great comic timing and improvisational ability which has meant he has been an asset to our team and is a talented performer".
MALIA JOHNSTON, FORMERLY ARTISTIC DIRECTOR WORLD OF WEARABLE ARTS SHOW (WOW)
Mime and movement training, tailored to suit various ages and levels of ability - available for schools and tertiary institutions. Fergus also regularly provides public workshops for both professionals and practising artists.
- Tertiary Courses
- Public Workshops
- Secondary School programs: Workshops & Shows
- Primary & Intermediate School programs: Workshops & Shows
Classes can comprise: illusionary mime; movement analysis and weight distribution; slow motion; states of tension; isolation and robotics; character development; improvisation; juggling and object manipulation.
Fergus has trained in mime, physical theatre, circus and clown, in the UK and in NZ. His teachers include Robert Bennett, Desmond Jones, John Wright, Simon McBurney, Les Bubb, John Bolton, Deb Pope, Giovanni Fusetti, Thomas Monckton, Fraser Hooper and Ira Seidenstein. From 1996 to 2010 Fergus taught physical theatre at CIRCOARTS in Christchurch. He has also taught for NASDA, NZ College of Performing Arts, Wellington Improvisation Troupe (WIT), Wellington Youth Circus, Footnote Dance Co, Toi Whakaari: NZ Drama School and at the European Juggling & Circus Skills Convention in Edinburgh.
“It has been our pleasure to have Fergus Aitken working intensively with groups of our students on a number of occasions. His ability to communicate principles of mime and movement is highly valued in the NASDA community and the workshop performances which he has facilitated have been powerful and compelling, leaving lasting impressions on participants and observers alike…”
RICHARD MARRETT Principal Lecturer, NASDA at CPIT